Sunday, November 4, 2012

Points of Inspiration: Ashira Legien


CREATED BY ASHIRA LEGIEN

You may or may not have seen or heard of Ashira Legien.  I assure you, however, once you see her jewelry, you'll agree she's unforgettable.   A long time user of Sculpt Studio, she started right in to Mesh Studio and now uses her sculpts (through the SS 2MS dropbox) in her Mesh Studio creations with great flare and creativity.  Here is a short interview before we take a look at her jewelry, true gems of Second Life.

1.  How long have you been in Second Life?

  • Six years this December.


2.  Did you start out to be a merchant?

  • Yes .. my dream was to own my own private island.  It took me 6 months to learn to build and script and get a store going to where I could afford one.  I've owned Isle of Mists for over 5 years now.


3.  What kind of products do you make?

  • Jewelry mostly .. but also tree houses .. fun vehicles .. and a unique sculpted blanket that covers you like a real blanket and changes with each pose.


4.  Is your interest in jewerly based on what you do or would like to do in real life?

  • No.  I took the Master Jeweler class mostly because the owner said I wasn't a good enough builder to take it :-)   The beauty of SL is that you can make things here without expensive supplies or tools.  I couldn't afford the materials to make jewelry like this in RL.


5.  How did you first get started with Sculpt Studio and Mesh Studio?

  • I got Sculpt Studio when it first came out v1.0 (boy you don't know how good you guys have it with v6.1 lol)  I let TheBlack Box use pictures of some of my creations as examples to get Sculpt Studio going.  Mesh Studio was just a natural extension.


6.  How much of your work is done with one or both of these tools?

  • ALL of the sculpted and mesh items I create are made with Sculpt Studio and Mesh Studio.


7.  What pieces would you say have been your most favorite that you made with Mesh Studio?  Are they for sale and where can they be found?

  • My current favorite is the Phoenix Necklace set.  It took me about two weeks and 700 sculpted pieces to make the mesh necklace and earrings.  






8.  What would you like people to know about your work with Mesh Studio?

  • Mesh Studio allows me to create jewelry with highly detailed sculpted prims and condense them down to a few mesh pieces with less land impact and more detail than the same pieces made with just sculpts.  Mesh objects are also easier to script for color change and rez faster than sculpted prims.


9.  Where would you like to see Mesh Studio go in terms of what you would like it to do?

  • For jewelry Mesh Studio seems to work fine just the way it is.



Ashira has been making beautiful things in Second Life for some years now.  She was an early adopter of Sculpt Studio and is now working with Mesh Studio as well to make her wonderful jewerly and other creations.

Ashira uses sculpts she has made in Sculpt Studio and then transforms them with the SS 2 MS dropbox so that she can use them with Mesh Studio.

These are some of her marvelous creations:





You can see them in her online Marketplace store, https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/7297 and inworld, http://slurl.com/secondlife/Isle%20of%20Mists/84/123/45.

Hope you find's Ashira's work as inspirational as I do.

Happy Meshing!
~ele

No comments:

Post a Comment